In-Person Childbirth Preparation Classes at RAMC
Saturday Childbirth Classes
Prepare for your personal childbirth journey with us!
This class is designed for families expecting their first baby or parents who have not attended childbirth classes before or in many years. Through a combination of discussion, videos, and activities you will gather Information about the following:
- Normal childbirth
- Labor coping techniques, comfort measures, relaxation skills and breathing patterns and how Dad/partner can help
- Common labor variations and interventions, including cesarean birth
- Information on medication/anesthesia for pain relief and cesarean birth
- Newborn care and basic car seat information
- 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- February 10
- May 12
- August 4
- November 10
- Cost $30
Basics of Breastfeeding covering confident start, latching, breast pumps and pumping, tips for success and more.
This class is included in the In-Person Childbirth Prep Class, or may be taken on it's own for $10.
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- February 7
- May 16
- August 8
- November 14
Call the Birth Center for more information and to register (608) 768-6251
Our online childbirth class is ideal for those expectant parents who can’t attend an on-site childbirth class due to work schedules, time constraints, or medical conditions.
The eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information parents need to know to prepare for their birth.
Our online childbirth class will help you:
- Understand pregnancy – what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise, and more
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process, and more
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners , and more
Class Fee: $25
Your eClass registration includes:
- Online access for 150 days
- Optional on-site education class
- A tour of our birth center