HEALTH 4 U
1 out of 3 American adults has prediabetes. if you have prediabetes, you can make changes now to improve your health and prevent type 2 diabetes.
NEW EVENING HOURS! NEW DATES! Space is limited. Call today!
HEALTH 4U - A diabetes prevention program
The HEALTH 4 U program is designed to help you reduce or prevent the risk of type 2 diabetes by creating healthy lifestyle changes. It can also assist with better management of your current diabetes condition. It will help you lose weight, become more physically active, and reduce stress.
With this program, PREVENT T2 - a proven program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes, you get :
- A CDC-approved curriculum and trained lifestyle coach
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
- Support from others like you as you learn new skills
- information from RAMC’s registered dieticians and health and fitness professionals to expand your nutrition and exercise knowledge
- Information about tools like food and exercise trackers
- Access to an on-site fitness center.
This 12 month program consists of 26 sessions spread throughout the year. Cost is $240 for full payment or $320 for monthly payments. An informational meeting will be held on Thursday,February 8, at 4:00 PM. The program itself will begin on Thursday, February 15th, and will be held from 4:00-5:00 PM at Reedsburg Area Medical Center.
Signup deadline is Monday, February 8.
Some words from past participants:
"The weekly sessions were motivating and educational."
"Excellent attention to my questions and needs."
"This program has been the catalyst to make positive changes in my life."
The HEALTH 4 U Program is not a covered benefit as part of most health plans. Some insurances will reimburse for this wellness program.